Friday 26 April 2013

Friday's FOTD

This is my first ever FOTD! *proud moment*

I've been meaning to try some of these beauty make up trends for myself recently and see which ones are versatile enough to wear in the daytime... For work, school runs, etc...

Today I tried Glamour Magazine's Grunge look: "Add an extra grungy look by letting your mascara clump together a little and then smudge your kohl liner along the lower lash line only. Leave hair loose and voluminous for a too-cool-too-care look."
( http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/beauty-and-hair/beauty-features/2013/01/spring-summer-2013-makeup-trends#!image-number=12 )

Now, the major points to note about the following selfies:
1) They are not professional looking because it was 6am
2) The camera adds inches to my forehead
3) The flash is extremely unforgiving BUT
4) It's real-life...not a Glamour shoot!

The fact that the whole look took approximately 30 minutes to complete (hair and make up) brings me joy! No faffing trying to match perfect eyeliner flicks, or spending the next 20 minutes straightening my hair...I felt sufficiently made up, my cheekbones were on point and I didn't even have to fill my brows.
What do you think? Did I nail it or shall I leave the grunge look on the runway?!











No comments:

Post a Comment