Wednesday 10 April 2013

Top 10 Bargain Beauty Buys

When I'm reading other people's blogs I always get so jealous that they are reviewing or recommending products from MAC, Benefit or Clinique! These babies are not only wonderful but they also come with a price tag that I just can't condone splurging that much on such a small item! So, until I'm healthy-wealthy I will stick to spending less than £3 on each of my make-up bag items; I have all I need for all eventualities and all for under £30! Here are my Top 10 bargain beauty buys that I just can't live without:

 
Natural Collection Eye Liner - Not Available Online (Otherwise I use Rimmel Jet Black Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil - £2.99 - Boots)
Africa by W7 Bronzer - I got for £2 on a market stall in Watford but also available online at Amazon for £3.41
E.L.F Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Blueberry - £1.50 - E.L.F Cosmetics
Disney Eyeshadow Palette - £2.99 - H&M (Not now available but other palettes are - CLICK HERE)
True Colour Lipstick in Liqueur - £4.99 - Sleek Make-Up
 
Although cheap and cheerful this collection is all I need for everyday make-up, nights out, lunches with the girls, dinner with the boyf, everything!
50% of it is from Natural Collection - Boots' own range of cosmetics. I find that not only are the products excellent value for money they also rival their dearer competitors: I tried out the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara last month and found that not only did I pay over double for it but it lasted half as long as the Natural Collection mascara! It dried out in less than 2 weeks whereas NC Lash Build lasts me well over a month at a time.
 
NC Eyeliner does smudge throughout the day which is annoying. I'm considering trying out the Studio Makeup Mist & Set from E.L.F (£3.75) to see if it holds it in place!
Has anyone used this or have any other tips for smudgy eyeliner?!
 
The bronzer from W7 is one of my greatest ever beauty discoveries! Casually browsing a beauty stand in the Harlequin Centre in Watford I found this for about £2. It was one of those spur of the moment, 30-second purchases which I've grown to love! It's so much darker than all my other face shades which really accentuates my cheek bones and because of the multi-coloured blush and thick brush that comes with it, you get a pinky-tanned glisten perfectly wearable in the day and evening times.
 
The most expensive item in the collection is the Sleek lipstick. Luckily for me this was a Christmas gift but it has definitely got me hooked on the brand! Sleek is also available in Superdrug which is handy if you're out and about on the high-street. I have it in 'Liqueur' but am hoping to try something bolder next time like 'Loved Up' or 'Exxxagerate'.
 
For £25 I have basically stocked my make-up bag for at east 1-2 months with products that are reliable, cheap and look great! Who said being on a budget meant we had to suffer?!
 
What's in your make-up bag?? Tweet me @sheldan2207 or comment below
 
xoxo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I'm an avid fan of inexpensive make up! I actually use that brow pencil on a daily basis! Love ELF (psst, they are having 50% off today) and I own a Natural Collection blush. The ELF Mist and Set is one of my FAVVVV products! Works very well in my opinion! And I also love Sleek lipstick! You should check out my post on Wet N Wild lippies and Sleek lipstick super cheap and affordable! :) Discoveries Of Self

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I definitely think I'm going to buy that elf mist!! 50% off?! I'm all over this plan! Love your blog, will be following you! Follow back, majority of my posts are for the money-savvy beauty babes xx

    ReplyDelete