Thursday 24 January 2013

Thrifty Thursday - Keeping The Old, Updating To New

Good afternoon Bloggers and welcome to this week's Thrifty Thursday! Hurrah!
This week I am looking into the feasibility of re-wearing all of your old jewellery again without looking like a hyper teenager in a Spongebob pendant!
 
The inspiration for recycling my jewellery came from the editor of the online magazine I am currently writing for, Britain's No1 Handmade Jewellery. My assignment was to put together a very short article on how you can recycle your old collections.
 
So, as you will see in the magazine when the next edition is out in March, this is my old necklace collection:
 
 
 
We've got some delightful hanging charms there, from a Claire's Accessories Spongebob pendant to a rather gorgeous Disney Couture necklace. Holiday necklaces, you know the ones with black string instead of chains? Yep they're up there too, along with items from Accessorize (balloon) and ASOS (diamond Mickey Mouse).
 
I've noticed some fashionistas on the red carpet rockin' a layered necklace look recently and thought it a vey easy (and cheap!) trend to pull off if you already have a million dangly things hanging around doing nothing (get it?! HANGING around...forget it..!).
  
You can opt for the all-out jumble ensemble like Sandra Bullock and Sarah Jessica Parker or take it a little easier like Mary-Kate Olsen.

 
 
I'm going to see how this goes for me tomorrow. I'll style out an outfit that includes at least 5 or 6 of my pendans and photograph the evidence.
 
Pic-post tomorrow!
 
 
 Tweet Me @sheldan2207 Your Cluster Collections!
 
Blogs & Sources
 

No comments:

Post a Comment