Wednesday 2 January 2013

Brazen Brollies

Tis the season to... get wet! Forget about dreaming for a white Christmas, what we really wanted this Holiday Season was for the rain to stop!

However hard we begged the rain to stop falling, it still remains an issue. Popping to the bank, running for a loaf of bread, taking the dog for a walk; it's all so much harder to handle in this incessant drizzle!

What makes me even more upset is the fact that I don't even own an umbrella. Until now...
Casually trapsing through my Twitter feed earlier today I realised how stunning an umbrella can be.
'Love Umbrellas' ( @LoveUmbrellasKlair ) have changed the way I see an umbrella; they used to just be an awkward tool that had to be used to keep your freshly ironed hair straight an your perfectly polished face perfect. Now, they are playful accessories available in a rainbow of colours and girly shapes:



Seeing these beauties I wondered what other hair-saving designs can be found online? Trust me, there is no excuse for any of us to have the standard black rain-tool with the brollies I found!

Lisbeth Dahl umbrellas do girly vintage glamour perfectly and one of these would be the perfect addition to a posh frock on a night out. These ones are available from Mollie & Fred from £16.99:



Another brilliant brolly guru is Lulu Guinness; taking the LBD to umbrella form giving each one an elegant twist. These are my top Lulu picks available on her website:


Anyone else planning a payday treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment