Saturday 1 June 2013

FOTD - Chanel Eyes!

Just when I thought my make-up bag would be doomed to be a budget-bag for all eternity, I get the gift of Chanel for my birthday! Uber happiness!
 
I tried the natural eyeshadow palette and mascara today and got so excited that I took pictures before I finished getting ready! So, before you see the pics there are mucho things I need to apologise for:
 
1) Wet hair, don't care!
2) White line 'round the lip, get a grip!
3) No blush, in a rush!
 
 Ok, GO! (Don't Judge Me!)
 
 
 


 
 Let me begin with the Chanel mascara (Le Volume de Chanel 10) - it is AWESOME! I got this voluminous look from just one coat! The brush on the other hand is absolutely huge which I find too awkward to use. My usual Natural Collection wand is very thin and very precise, which is what I'm used to. Thank goodness I only need one coat of the Chanel miracle mascara, though!

The eyeshadow in the palette (Les 4 Ombres 39 Raffinement) has the texture of both cream and powder shadows making it very easy to apply and of course it blends wonderfully. The little applicator brushes that come in the packages are nothing short of useless - happily I had some of my own that I could hold nicely (even with my acrylic nails on!).

What I was hoping to achieve today was a nice natural blend on the eyelid with a heavy eyeliner presence (Natural Collection pencil eyeliner) to make a sassy daytime cat eye.
This was my mini look-book of inspo:

 
 Now that my eyes are done I better go and do something with my hair! Work will shortly be calling my name - as will my drunken customers later on! Have a sexy Saturday everyone!

-x- 
 
 
Photo Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment