Thursday 28 February 2013

Thrifty Thursday - Take A Bake...

What a day! It was my brother's 16th birthday today so I decided that I'd take a break from this week's Fashion Week frenzy and bake the best birthday cake for my bro!

A pre-made birthday cake in the supermarkets (double chocolate with icing and multiple layers) cost £10 and up...minimum!

The ingredients for this little beauty cost just under a fiver (bearing in mind I had most of the stuff in my cupboards somewhere anyway!) even though I used Organic Green & Black's chocolate! Twit twooo! Get me with my posh choc...

So whilst my brother slogged it out at school I was a slave to the kitchen whisking away to the soundtrack of J.Lo's Greatest Hits and, all in all, my sunny afternoon baking was a cheap and pleasurable way to spend my afternoon off! I didn' think about shopping once for a good 3 hours! Barclays will be pleased...

To bake your own delicious choccy cake I recommend the BBC Good Food Recipes! They are in such simple steps and I've never had a messy result since I started using them - which was after a very bad experience with a pasta recipe from Food & Travel!

What do you reckon? Think I went a little over the top with the Green & Blacks and pink decorations????

 
As always feel free to Tweet me @sheldan2207 or comment below
 
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment