Thursday 6 December 2012

Thrifty Thursday - My DIY Christmas Wreath

Good afternoon Bloggers, I'm full of pride and emotion as I present to you my first creation of what will be a weekly post, 'Thrifty Thursday'.

Popping to town this morning in freezing temperatures, I pondered to myself what to buy for this wreath. I've never done anything like this before and found myself quite bemused at where to start.
Plodding around the pound shop I realised that my wreath could have whatever my little heart desired on it; pink stars, glitter, rainbow tinsel, etc, however I decided to start small.
I really wanted my little wreath to match the standards of those in the other blogs; I wanted to be just like the big kids!

With glitter glue, shiny baubles and gold-sprayed mistletoe in my basket I didn't feel very advanced. But I was happy, so I continued to the supermarket. As soon as I walk into Asda I spot a delightful little bargain in the shape of a 2ft 'Smartprice' Christmas tree! At £1.97, I'd be perfectly happy chopping it up.

Heading home I calculated what I've spent for my wreath. Total was literally £5. A fiver. Happy days, just had to get this thing together...

Laying out my materials in front of me as I sat cross-legged on my living room floor, I felt a little bit lame. I powered through though...
What I used: branches from a 2ft christmas tree (cut off and held together in the shape of a circle with twine I had in my cupboard), gold bead from Asda, bit of cellotape to re-inforce some terrible tying of mine, pretty fake flowers from the pound shop and silver glitter glue. That is all.

45 minutes later my Thrifty Thursday creation is complete! I have superglue all over my fingers and glitter in my hair:



It's not exactly the steadiest looking thing in the world, nor does it look like an adult has put it together but the main thing is... I like it. And so does my Mum. So it shall hang loud and proud in my hallway!

What do you think? Do I deserve a pat on the back or should I start over? Considering equivalent styles can be bought for up to £20 a piece, is it worth the saving?

Comment below or tweet me @sheldan2207

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment