Wednesday 5 December 2012

DIY Decorations & One Of A Kind Gifts!

One of the best things about christmas is the fact that you can clutter your house full of flashing Santas, glittery tinsel and brightly coloured hanging things, and no-one can tell you otherwise! Of course, every year we spend absolutely thousands on new decorations, trees, candles, etc, etc, etc. What if we decided more food, less decoration this year? What with most families having to reign in their spending at the moment I thought I'd test the waters with some DIY Christmas decorations, starting with a wreath. I'll come back to that later!

Unfortunately, the holidays are somewhat tinted with stress, with the giving and the cooking and the preparing. With everything going on it's hard to keep up with what everyone actually wants for christmas. Instead of being the one that always gets exactly what's on the family's wish list, I've always been the one to pull a random on them all and get something they didn't even know they wanted themselves! I don't know about you but I still like to have a few surprises on Christmas Day! Today I've put together a small collection of niche music boxes, a fabulous gift for those close to you who love music and quite the conversation piece to have at home too. Click on the links below for an array of beatiful musical gifts.

Lastly, today I woke up to a magical dusting of snow. Although not as much as the kids were hoping for, just enough to melt quicker than the rate it fell at, which is good news for anyone else! All this means, though, is that more is almost definitely on the way and what better way to prepare than to get yourselves a handy pair of Snow Boots! No excuses for the morning commute now!

DIY Christmas Wreaths
Christmas wreaths are never something I've invested in over the holidays, and I've always pondered over the high prices of some of them, which is why I'm going to attempt to make my own this year! I've found really helpful blogs online that I'm going to use to help me! Tomorrow, I'll be getting all the bits and bobs I need for my wreath and will post a step-by-step commentary on how it went on Thursday! It will be a Your Desirables version of Art Attack! In the meantime, if you want to join in the festive fun, check out MidoriSourPatch, Caroline Inge's post on Home Depot, Jewels For All, Amalia Misc and (my personal favourite) Clouds Of Colour for some Wreath-spiration! Check-in on Thursday to see my efforts! Make sure to show me yours on Twitter @sheldan2207!




 
 
Music Boxes
Something I stumbled upon Monday evening when researching my Vintage Bird Cage pick of the day! I never thought of something so perfect until I saw the Gold Plated Singing Bird Cage at Magical Music Boxes. Granted, the price tag is more for the wealthy among us, however, a couple months saving up for this thing and I guarantee it won't be a waste of time! Garden parties, lunches in the conservatory, afternoon tea in the lounge, this beautiful home accessory is not only a stunning addition to any house, but also quite the conversation piece. When I'm a millionaire, this WILL be in my house. I love it! I'm also very aware that I am not a millionaire, just like the majority of you! So, I set about looking for a much more affordable music box for my own humble abode. The Music Box Shop has music boxes that are also... wait for it.... jewellery boxes! From pink teddies for the kids and wooden for the mature, from red roses for the girly and floral for the trendy, there are patterns to suit all and prices start from a slight £12.50! American company Mr Christmas has tree symphonies, musical wreath eggs, musical pumpkins and seasonal clocks! All prices are in US$ dollars though. If that's a problem head to Music Box World where fun musical stocking fillers start from £5.99!
 
Snow Boots
Sure, snow is pretty. It's magical and it gets people talking and together and gets everyone feeling very festive! That's the first day. After the light dusting, it snows again and again until the British people become fed up and at a standstill. Planes, trains and automobiles are told not to move. Getting to work is one long slog up a very sludgy hill. How many times have you fallen over in front of a total stranger? NO MORE! The style and market gurus have finally taken note of our struggles, teamed up and snow boots are now finally a winter fashion must have! Even Aldi have a pair of £15 snow boots up for grabs! Other bargain outlets for snow boots this year include Sports Direct, Wynsors & Amazon! Click the links for their ranges. If you want to step out in style check some hot faves of mine: ASOS (for Juicy Couture, Kurt Geiger and See by Chloe), Selfridges (for UGG) and John Lewis (for Hunter, North Face and Helly Hansen).
 
That's all for today, I hope I've inspired a few of you on such a cold evening! As always get in touch on Twitter @sheldan2207, it's always a laugh over there! If not comment below, I love to hear feedback.
 
Check-in on Thursday for my step-by-step guide to my DIY wreath and what my next festive DIY accessory is going to be. Share yours and I'll post those too! Any seasonal DIY ideas? Let me know!
 
 
xx
 
 
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment