Wednesday 12 December 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Don't get me wrong, the majority of my Christmas Shopping is done online. I'm a solitary creature most of the time, so avoiding any sort of queue, crowd or rush is sort of my thing.
 
Today, though, I headed out into the big wide world, accompanied by Mother Dearest to do some Christmas preparations.
 
Final gifts were bought for friends of friends, work acquaintances and other people's partners, festive snacks were purchased and turkey crowns were investigated and measured.
 
To our surprise, we returned home happy and full of festive cheer. Yes, there were crowds and yes, there were queues but all was done to a happy soundtrack of Mariah Carey, Spice Girls and Slade. At this time of year the humans become sociable. Mum and I had a delightful conversation with a total stranger about out Christmas Dinner eating habits in the local Aldi. So not us. So not her.
 
"Thanks for waiting", says the happy-to-help sales clerk, "Buy one-get-one-free chocolates?"
 
How did she know I prefer two chocolates instead of one? It's that time of year when the retail industry has a huge employment surge and employs the happiest, dappiest little shop keepers who love a good sales incentive. Lovely!
 
Today, my favourite shop of all was The Works. I thought I'd just pop in to get materials for tomorrow's Thrifty Thursday. The phrase 'to pop in' assumes I was going to be a few moments, popping in, popping out again. The crowd in The Works are a breed all of their own! The craziness that ensues when prices never really exceed £1-£2! They have a wonderful Christmas CD playing, thousands of books, stationery items, toys, decorations and calenders all hanging in organised chaos. It's my sort of shop.
 
Talking of tomorrow's Thrifty Thursday, I've decided to up the ante for tomorrow's DIY project! If I tell you the materials I have, you can guess what the finished product will be:
White Craft Glue
Novelty Embellishments
Thick Fabric
One Sock
Scissors
Glitter Pens
Candy Canes
Christmas Decorations
 
In the words of Rolph Harris; "Can you tell what it is yet?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment