Thursday 13 December 2012

Thrifty Thursday - DIY Christmas Stocking

Happy Thrifty Thursday everyone! Temperature is currently sitting at 1 degree here in frosty Herts but who needs to worry about the Arctic weather conditions when you've got a Christmas Stocking to make!?

After last week's delightful little wreath (still hanging proudly in the hallway) I decided to creep up the creativity levels. The main issue in making the wreath was literally building the thing, using those little tree branches and tying it all together with twine... I took an extremely long way around the problem.

Not this week though! I got an old PE shirt from school, some white craft glue and a load of pretty, shiny sequin-ny stuff to create my home-made Christmas Stocking, which I can present to you...NOW!


 
 
Bearing in mind it is still a little wet (this thing is going to take a minimum of a week to dry, that much is guaranteed. I should learn to sew!) and I still need to tidy up the edges and add the faux fur trim; I still think it's so pretty! The blue fabric was a bit of a let down, and the fact I had not one tub of paint in the house, but the finished result is my glittery, randomly French version of a stocking.
 
If this thing holds together, I am SO blogging a picture on Christmas Day when it is full of candy and other wonderfully delicious treats!
 
The inspiration for this stocking came when I saw Mooky Chick's Post online. There are so many kooky ideas on there that I couldn't keep my eyes of the page! I wish I had the materials to try the Faux Fur ones! Other than that, the post inspires you to make a stocking of your own using whatever you have in your house! I had an old shirt, she's used bath mats. Whatever you got!
 
Another new favourite blog of mine is Cookin' Cowgirl. Another creative lady getting all festive and fun this season; and her stuff is 150% a lot more polished than my amateur stuff! Check it out, she's funny, too!
 
 
 
Have you made anything this Christmas season yet? Or seen something I should attempt? Tweet me @sheldan2207 or comment below
 
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment