Tuesday 6 May 2014

#Metball2014

From Beauty School appointments, job interviews and umming and arring about whether to go to Uni or not - the past two days have been a right mare!

Not only have the days been HECTIC pleasantly busy, today was also one of those days where nothing went right everything I did posed a new challenge. For instance - trying to wrap a dress I sold on eBay turned into a punch-up between the cellotape and I and the dog decided my foot was a chew toy when I was mid-email to a London University. I totally lost my cool.

So instead of pondering on my life goals and where this is all going to take me in five years' time - I'm going to post up the best and worst dressed from last night's dreeeamy Metball hosted by Queen Fash herself - Anna Wintour (although her own choice of gown left the world baffed...)


BUT no-one really cared what Anna was wearing because these 5 sirens stole the spotlight from last night's Metgala Red Carpet:

Top 5 BEST Dressed

5) Kendall Jenner 
Yes, she may have looked like a rabbit caught in headlights most of the night (albeit a deliciously beautiful rabbit) but her custom Topshop gown perfectly showcased that model bod of hers.



4) Dita Von Teese 
Jaw-dropping old-Hollywood glamour is Dita's thing - and my don't she know it! She wore a Zac Posen gown and carried a Roger Vivier clutch.



3) Arizona Muse
This is how you do Princess-Chic (Katie Holmes take note please...) The model wore a Ralph & Russo gown and quite literally glided down the red carpet.



2) Lily Donaldson
I love a bow. Especially an elegant, draping Burberry bow. 



1) Rihanna
Don't kill me for using a Yoncé lyric to describe Rihanna's outfit but please... Bow Down Bitches!
The Stella McCartney two-piece ensemble was just classy enough to do the diva right - add a choker, a flash of tat and make it tight enough to ensure a protruding nipple ring and voilĂ ! RiRi has arrived!


Top 3 Near Misses

These three almost nailed it! Elizabeth Olsen (left) wore such a pretty dress and perfected her beauty game but unfortunately colour-clashed with the shoes - sad times. Maybe next year babes. Margot Robbie's bespoke Prada dress was an inch or four too long which is a crying shame as it really is stunning - and, last but not least, Janelle Monae in Tadashi Shoji and Jimmy Choo. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE Janelle's look - but, honey-bee, this is the Metgala - this ain't no leggings and poncho kinda do.



And the three that should have stayed at home...

Sometimes it doesn't matter who you're wearing - as proved by these disgusting yet designer-dripping eye sores! 
We all know Rita Ora and Katie Holmes love a bit of attention so we can sort of just brush them aside for a moment but Kristen Stewart and Maggie Gyllenhaal? I can't cope...This is what I imagined happened: 

Being very busy, globe-trotting actresses (snooze, snooze) they left it to their stylists to chose something last minute. Seeing as the impending Metball was coming up nothing much was left. They were told, "Don't worry I've got a Valentino/Chanel from the A/W 2014 Collection and it is fabulous darling." They were lied to. It was too late. They should have stayed at HOME.



Who was your fave and who was your freak? 


Click Photos for Sources





No comments:

Post a Comment